Preparation for the Performance Development Meeting
· Schedule the Performance Development Planning (PDP) meeting and define pre-work with the staff member to develop the performance development plan (PDP).
· The staff member reviews personal performance, documents “self-assessment” comments and gathers needed documentation, including 360 degree feedback results, when available.
· The supervisor prepares for the PDP meeting by collecting data including work records, reports, and input from others familiar with the staff person’s work.
· Both examine how the employee is performing against all criteria, and think about areas for potential development.
· Develop a plan for the PDP meeting which includes answers to all questions on the performance development tool with examples, documentation and so on.